Midway Weather

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Wastin away again in Midway


Now that the hammock is up and running, I'm trying to spend time under the pier as much as possible.  It is a delightful section of the island to get away from the noise of the generators and listen to the hiss of breaking surf on the beach.


Yesterday I woke up from a nap to find this napping endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal a few feet away.  Honestly it was his chainsaw like snoring that woke me from my slumber.  In keeping with the refuge requirements to maintain a reasonable distance from them, I had to get up and leave.






Then a dozen yards down the beach I found this sea turtle lounging in the shallows just a few feet from shore.  He poked his head out of the water for a minute to check me out, then went back to floating in the undulating waves.

Seems like a pretty nice way to have spent the afternoon in retrospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment